- Third (1/3) of a c. of vegan margarine
- Half (1/2) c. of sugar
- 2 c of flour
- One and a half (1 1/2) tsp. of baking powder
- Half a teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
- Two (2) ripe saba bananas, mashed
- Half a cup of soy milk
- One (1) tsp. of vanilla
- 1/2 c of chopped cashew nuts
- Set the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together the vegan margarine (or vegetable oil) and sugar; then mix in the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix together well.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased loaf pan and bake for approx. one (1) hour or simply 'til the cake springs back when gently touched.
- Remove the pan from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the bread from the baking pan and permit it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is cooled, spread on an Avocado Frosting for a special mixing of taste and texture.
- Eight ounces of avocado meat (approximately two small to medium avocados)
- 2 tsp of lemon juice
- One pound of sifted confectioner's sugar
- Half a teaspoon of lemon extract
- Peel and pit the avocados and then mash the meat.
- Place the avocado meat into a large mixing bowl along with the lemon juice and beat till creamy and lightened in color (roughly 3 minutes).
- Add the sifted confectioner's sugar, one teaspoon at a time, and beat until smooth.
- Add the lemon extract and continue mixing to combine the ingredients well.
- Spread evenly on top of the Vegan Banana Bread.
About the Author: